No products in the cart.
Why Investors Demand Preference Shares. Most shareholders are attracted to preferred shares because they offer more consistent dividends than common shares and higher payments than bonds.
Benefits Of Preference Shares
- Dividends Are Paid First To Preference Shareholders.
- Preference Shareholders Have A Prior Claim On Business Assets.
- Add-on Benefits For Investors.
- There Are No Voting Rights For Preference Investors.
- Higher Cost Than Debt For Issuing Company.
Disadvantages of Preference Share
- The amount dividend is higher than the rate of interest on debentures.
- The dividend on these shares is regulated by the revenue of the company.
- Risk lovers will not prefer this kind of share.
- Claims of equity shareholders diluted by the preference capital.